this is how my dogs stay free of fleas without using frontline (if the chemicals are so toxic they’re not to touch human skin, why am i supposed to douse my dogs with them 12 times a year?):
1. feed them BARF (bones & raw food diet)
2. once every 2-3 weeks, hose them off
3. lather them up with herbal flea shampoo
4. hose them off
5. pour a quarter cup of apple cider vinegar diluted in a gallon of water over each one
6. when they’re dry, and once a day thereafter, squirt some herbal insect repellent on a hard rubber grooming glove and brush them vigorously
it worked last summer and so far so good this year.