0921081609, originally uploaded by skippy haha.
the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
believe it or not, holden is at the emergency vet overnight because he ate a bowl of trail mix containing raisins and when i got home an hour later and called they had me try to induce vomiting with hydrogen peroxide by the tablespoonful (i mixed it with cream cheese in the top of a peanut butter jar and he drank a little, but not enough), and i brought him in and they induced vomiting with an injection and got all the raisins and nuts out and he is there til 720 tomorrow morning, at which point i can pick him up and they think he should be transfered to his regular vet and stay on IV fluids longer, and also have his seroma looked at because they think it’s too big. i can’t believe i left trail mix where he could get it while nacho & i took a walk. it was pushed back very far on the aerogarden on the kitchen table, and i think he must’ve jumped up on a chair that isn’t usually there so he could get it. luckily i’d eaten the chocolate out of it. it’s unbelievable if it wasn’t true. i should have my dog owner license revoked.